Monday, September 20, 2010

Big Plans

Madison at 15 weeks
So I've started a blog about my dog.  I'm sure if she could write it herself she would.  I bet her spelling and grammar are much better than mine.  She probable would have some hysterical stories to tell, but since she can't crawl up here in my lap and punch away on the keyboard with her marshmallow feet you're stuck with me.  These are Madison's STATS:  she is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, she weighed 2.1 lbs when we got her at 6 1/2 weeks, she is a Blenheim with a heart on her side, she was born June 6, 2010.

I have big plans for Madison, the first of which is deciding her AKC registered name.  I would imagine if you're reading a blog about a dog than you know what an AKC name is, but for those that don't, it is the registered title of your pooch.  If you've ever watched a dog show and wondered who would name their dog something like "His Amazing Prince Gouda" well they can't just register a name like Spot with the AKC and most breeders have requirements for naming one of their puppies.  So this forces owners to be creative and sometimes have a little fun in naming their new pooch.  We are lucky enough to not have any requirements for naming Madison.  At this point I'm guessing that if you're not clear what an AKC name is you are probable thinking "Well isn't her name Madison?".  To answer that:  yes it is, but thats just her call name.  Madison is not an available name so we have to think up something fun for her to have on a certificate.  Right now we have two names we are thinking of:  Lady Madison Love (this is my boyfriends pick, I think it sounds like a dancer's name, to think about it maybe thats why he likes it), and Valentine's Lady Madison.  I prefer the later.  Valentine comes from two places, the heart on her side and her mother's AKC name is Valentine Jersey Girl, so I felt the name is quite fitting.  We still have a little while before we will be submitting her paper work so any recommendations would be welcomed.

My second big plan for Madison is to have her trained to be a therapy dog.  I feel that Madison is destined to have an impact on society and being a show dog was not an option (have you seen best in show?).  Madison is such a happy sweet little girl, I would feel guilty keeping her all to myself.  Madison gives good "cuddles" and I know that she would enjoy providing comfort to those that need it.  This is one of my biggest motivations for writing this blog.  I want to share our experiences and adventures.  I hope that Madison's day can bring a smile to yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment